Excavation is underway!
Excavation work has begun at 400 West Main Street, Durham, North Carolina , the site of The Novus. The momentum today included:
1. Equipment mobilization is underway to include two track hoes and a dozer.
2. Building is laid out and ready for deep excavation activities.
3. Ramps into the future basement are being constructed.
4. Excavation and soil haul off activities will commence on 5/12/2022
5. 8 to 10 dump trucks will be rotating throughout the day and week to move dirt off site.
6. Soft digging is underway to confirm location of the existing telecom lines.
7. Driveways off of North Great Jones are being installed for future construction activities.
8. Clearing and grubbing of exiting landscaping will commence tomorrow.
This 670,000 SF, 27-story mixed-use development is located at one of the most prominent sites in downtown Durham. The project consists of a 380-space parking podium, with one level below and five floors above 25,000 SF of grade-level retail. The parking is wrapped on two sides with 70 market rate apartment units and topped with a lap pool, fitness deck, fitness center, co-working lab, and resident lounge. A tower with a mix of 118 apartments and 54 condominiums rises above the podium, featuring an amenity floor comprising additional lounges, display kitchens, gaming areas, and spacious outdoor terraces for residents. The Novus is anticipated to begin construction in the spring of 2022, with completion by the end of 2024.